FROM WHAT YOU HAVE TOLD US SO FAR AND FROM THE RECENT QUESTIONNAIRE RESULTS WE HAVE MADE A REVISED VISION STATEMENT AND KEY AIMS THAT SHOULD LEAD THE WAY FOR MAKING “OUR PLAN”
DO YOU AGREE WITH THESE STATEMENTS BELOW NOW, IF NOT PLEASE LET US KNOW, AS YOUR VIEWS ARE THE ONES THAT REALLY COUNT
“Alvechurch 2030- where managed change and celebration of its rural character combine in a community better by design”
Like many historic rural parishes, Alvechurch’s heritage interest and local environment setting are its defining assets, and local residents are proud and protective of those features that give our Parish a sense of place and sense of identity.
ASPECTS OF THE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN AREA THAT ARE RECOGNISED BY OUR COMMUNITY AS BEING IMPORTANT INCLUDE:
- essentially rural setting of our historic Village and small settlements
- wide range of heritage assets
- green, open aspects, and many countryside pathways in all ares of the parish.
- character of the river Arrow that runs through the parish,
- well tended countryside and wooded areas
- the surrounding escarpments that encompass the smaller settlements
- many open green spaces,recreational play areas, and sports pitches
- wildlife corridors
- panoramic views – landscapes, townscapes and treescapes
- a very good community spirit
THE EXPANDED VISION FOR THE PARISH AREA IS TO:
- maintain our parish strong sense of place and local identity, its character and setting – as an historic rural area
- maintain and strenthen Alvechurch’s role and competitiveness as a rural service centre, with a reasonable retail sector and broad mix of local and visitor attractions – a place to live, work and play
- maintain and protect its integrity – its rural setting and green approaches that extend into the Village of Alvechurch
- develop Alvechurch as a more sustainable settlement, with more housing choice, a better range of services/facilities, more local employment and a more user friendly and vibrant village centre
- retain existing characters and identities of Hopwood,Rowney Green, Bordesley, Weatheroak and Withybed Green and Forhill; they will continue to look to Alvechurch as their local service centre, but retain their separateness from the village itself.
AIMS OF THE
Our consultations to date including the whole parish questionnaire and its results and the Steering Group thinking so far has led to;
HOW WILL WE DELIVER OUR VISION
To help achieve and deliver the Vision for Alvechurch Parish by 2030 the community have identified a number of KEY AIMS for the APNP. These are:
KEY AIM 1 Development that meets current and future needs of all age groups in a changing and growing Alvechurch Parish community, whilst encompassing high quality design.
KEY AIM 2 Through providing opportunities of community participation, development focused on well-designed building within walkable locations of key facilities and amenities
KEY AIM 3 Developing services, facilities and amenities especially around Alvechurch Village centre that will help to improve quality of life, create a sense of well-being, promote community safety and enable active and healthy lifestyles for the Parish as a whole.
KEY AIM 4 Maintaining a mix of local businesses appropriate to the character of Alvechurch parish whilst serving the needs of local people and with the inclusion of sympathetic rural diversification contributing to the wider economy .
KEY AIMS 5 Encouraging varieties of leisure, cultural and sporting facilities and activities to enable opportunities for all, particularly youngsters and older people.
KEY AIM 6 Promoting both integrated public transport (with associated pedestrian walkways, cycle routes and adequate parking) and safer roads (through effective traffic management) in order to serve the growing and changing Alvechurch community and increase access to the local country-side.
KEY AIM 7 To maintain and enhance the built historic environment and natural environment for present and future generations whilst promoting new development that enhances local character
KEY AIM 8 Promotion of safe, sustainable developments that are designed to meet the latest energy efficiency standards and make the best use of existing resources whilst promoting the use of renewable energy for new developments in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
From these “Objective /Key Aims ” the plan will be able to go on to form policies which will be part pf the Draft Neighbourhood Plan which in turn will have legal status if voted in by our local community at a Referendum organised by the District Council
Give us your thoughts on the above statements.